Monday, February 28, 2011

Cyber Monday: Lariat Necklaces Plus Some Easy Peasy Pieces

I can't believe it's the last day of February already - time flies so fast! These are what I accomplished last week - simple necklaces with chains. I've always wanted to make lariats with leaves as focals in assymetrical style so I finally prioritize them recently.
Here's in bronze/brass tones - a combination of (12mm & 6mm) turquoise howlite and (4mm) garnet rounds. I thought of using a lobster clasp for closure at the back but changed my mind at the last minute and made a (delicas & czech seedies) peyote tube as toggle bar instead. The leaf focal was from Helena. The matching earrings hangs on vintage brass earwires.
This lariat in antique copper tone ranges up to 21" in length as I added a 2" extension at the back, closes with a lobster clasp. It has jasper, carnelian, carved flower, and czech leaf. I've had the chain for a while - purchased at Walmart - am sure glad I finally able to put it into good use.
And here's a simple necklace that I find fun to wear - with jasper cabochon focal, hematite, hemalike and purple glass beads.
Finally, commissioned earrings with a "Red Hat Society" theme. I just have to make a pair but decided to make a long and short version. I'm drawn to the long ones though, they sway so nicely!
Happy beading all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you so don't hesitate to drop me a line or two.