Monday, February 21, 2011

Cyber Monday: Bead Embroidered Button-Style

All I did last week was bead embroidery - finished my BJP block first, then followed by itty-bitty pieces like the button styles below - I did these over the weekend. I can see myself doing more of these this week. My initial thought was to finish them as rings - but I'll gonna make some earrings and pendants out of them too. Most got a fancy jasper coin focal (only one got a button focal, the pink) but I'll gonna dig my small pearly buttons today.
Here's a crazy piece done over the week... was hoping for a ring but I think it will be better off as a pendant. I'm still in the quest of making a 2 or 3-finger ring.
Me and the in-laws had a girls domino night last Saturday in town, at Aunt R's house - but of course eating is part of the gathering. We had yummy cheesy brocolli soup with matching crackers, and oatmeal cake for dessert... and many thanks to SIL for a fruit assortment - strawberries, pineapple, grapes, cantaloup, watermelon, etc. Aunt R belong to a Red Hat Society group that meets once a month and go somewhere - a member host the party on each meeting... I was told that she'll gonna host their May gathering and she asked me if I can commission a necklace and a pair of earrings as door prizes on the said meeting.:) I'm more than happy to do so of course, since the main idea is to make them in either red or purple or both colors combo.

Happy President's Day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love the blue color on the bottom right button piece... So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of my fave too Katie - same thing with the black & garnet combo (top left).:) Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you so don't hesitate to drop me a line or two.