Thursday, April 21, 2011

Button Swap Reveal

The reveal day has finally come for the button swap organized by Michelle Mach! My partner is Cyndi Lavin, and here are the buttons I mailed for her.Cyndi sent me my buttons super early, in which I had to use a couple right away... as a clasp for this leather wrap bracelet. And this huge MOP shell which I knew right away will be a focal on one of my bead embroidered pendants... it can be used as a brooch as well.

These are the other buttons which are still in the works. I will reveal the finished pieces in the next few days.Michelle is hosting a button giveaway so don't forget to visit her blog for further details. Here's the list of the button swap participants which you really have to check out - and while you're blog hopping, make sure to leave a comment to maximize your entries at Michelle's giveaway.

1. Cat - Boo Beads

2. Cindy - Sweet Bead Studio
3. Cory - Art with Moxie
4. Cyndi - Beading Arts
5. Dita - Alankarshilpa
6. Donna, Marti, and Michelle - Beads & Books
7. Erin - Treasures Found
8. Hope - Crafty Hope
9. Inca - Zerenity Design
10. Katrine - Army of Sock Monsters
11. Krista - French Elegant Jewelry
12. Kristie - Artisan Clay
13. Linda D. - Lutka and Co.
14. Linda L. - Linda's Bead Blog
15. Lody - Lody's Beadworks <<<< YOU ARE HERE!!!
16. Lori - Pretty Things
17. Loretta - Loretta's Boutique
18. Malin - Beading by Malin de Koning
19. Mary - MK's Creative Musings
20. Maryanne - Zingala's Workshop
21. Melinda - Melinda Orr Metal & Clay Jewelry Designs
22. Saskia - Perlendistel
23. Shannon - For My Sweet Daughter
24. Shirley - Beads and Bread
25. Stephanie - Confessions of a Bead Hoader

22 comments:

  1. Lody, I've already seen the bracelet of course, so you *know* I love it. But the MOP pendant/brooch is new to me, and it's just WONDERFUL!! You are such a talented girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lody! Love both those pieces! The bracelet is supercool, and will just go with everything! And that pendant is just over the top stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embroidery really sets off that Mother of Pearl Button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you used the button as a clasp. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest. And that beaded one is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your embroidery work! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That MOP focal is a stunner!

    Well of course you know I love those leather wrap bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that embroidery work is stunning! Wish I could do that! So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the leather bracelet. Great job! Beautiful beadwork on the pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the leather wrap bracelet...great with jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bracelet look super fun for summer! It looks like the kind of thing that is so comfortable that you could wear it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the bracelet! I agree with the other comments--it's the perfect "everyday" accessory! I love the pendant, too--how clever of you to add beads covering the button holes!

    Thanks for joining the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for dropping by everybody! I managed to visit abut half of the participants blogs yesterday but will do my best to finish commenting today.

    I really enjoyed working with the buttons Cyndi sent me and I can't wait to see what others did with their buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bracelet is just so cool. I love the way you made the clasp the focal button. Your necklace too is super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lody, what a pretty bracelet. What a clever way to use the button, as a clasp! And your beaded focal/brooch is amazing. I'm always in awe of this style of jewelry as it is all new to me! I can appreciate the workmanship and detail though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of your pieces are just lovely!
    The beadwork on the second one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bead embroidered pendant using the Mother of Pearl button as a focal point is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both brooch and bracelet are cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome collection of buttons.I love those bracelet and the brooch too.It is a gorgeous pendant too.Wonderful beaded work.Happy beading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ...super.. super job.... you are quite the talent
    mitz_zee@yahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful design! I love those little flowers spilling over the side. Sorry I am late to the party. Last week was not a time to be hopping (unless you were a bunny! ;-). Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you so don't hesitate to drop me a line or two.